Tuesday, March 2, 2010
Girls and Moms
So many girls these days don't really care how they treat their mom and her judgement and advice. I hear about girls getting in fights with their mom all the time. So, this is to teenaged girls mostly: A couple of days ago, I was reading in Proverbs 2:16, 17 and it says, "To deliver thee from the strange woman, even from the stranger which flattereth with her words; Which FOR SAKETH THE GUIDE OF HER YOUTH, and forgetteth the covenant of her God." I really took it into consideration, because I know that there are times when my mom says something and I disregard her advice, because I think I know better. Yet, so many times, when I do that, I find out later she was right and I would have been spared much if I had just listened to her. In fact, I can't think of a time when I disregarded her advice, did my own thing, and it turned out I was right. They've lived longer than us, girls. God put our authority over us, and I know that there is not a girl I know that would like to be described as a "strange woman". Yet, this description fits many of us. Forsaking the guide of her youth...that's where she probably first went wrong. When we fail to obey and heed the counsel of the authority God has put over us, we are in direct disobedience to God. Some of you may think that you're in the right because there was a time, or maybe many times when you disregarded her advice and all turned out well. I'm sure the strange woman of Proverbs did not become the way she was overnight. Satan knows how to work. If he can attack your relationship with the one who counsels you and destroy it, then he knows that he will have control over you. Why? Because he just destroyed his competetor. So, are you allowing your relationship with your mom to prosper that Satan might be destroyed in your life....or are you allowing Satan to prosper, that your relationship with your mom might be destroyed. This post is mainly for those with Christian parents, although whether our parents are christians or not we still are commanded in God's Word to obey and honor them (God being our ultimate authority).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow Amanda! I didn't even know you felt so strongly this way. You have truly touched your mommy's heart. I just wished I was a better example to you.
aww...thanks.
By the way...how did you comment on my blog through my blog name? Did I leave it logged in? I had to read the name a few times to figure out it was you. I love you, Mommy!
Post a Comment