Monday, March 22, 2010
I owe it all to my God...
Sometimes in life, I turn away from You because I want to.
I know I don't always admit to it that way, but it's true.
I say, "it's just this once and it'll be okay"
Then I turn around and walk away from You.
And then You reach for me and you call my name
You say, my child please, don't go that way
There's nothing there but pain and hurt for you.
It doesn't take long
before the fun is all gone
and I'm alone, and hurt, and ashamed
Then I hear a voice I know
And with my head hung low
I turn to you
I say, "I'm sorry, Lord. I am so ashamed.
I was wrong. I know things aren't the same,
but if you'll use me, let me live my life for You."
I owe everything to You
I am nothing on my own
All the grace that I've received
and any way that I have grown
Every sin that I've confessed
and every seed that I have sown
They're all because of You...
Because you conquered death
and you triumphed over sin
Because you brought me to my knees
and gave me life within
Because you made me new
Anything that I can do
I owe it all to you.
-Melissa Schworer
Indeed, I owe everything to my faithful God. Our church just celebrated 25 years in exisitence and it brought to my attention once again how often we stray from God and yet He is ever-faithful with his blessings and love and mercy. Praise be to our Wonderful God!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment